Views

Sunday, October 24, 2010

This week I hit up a younger NDN who's looking to come up in the blade-game. He's also got an online edit coming out reaaaal soon. Corey Grubb.


Corey and his pup, Franco.

1. What's it like coming up in the Boise scene?

It's the best! everyone here is all pretty close, i grew up skating in mountain home idaho with two homies from back in the day it kinda sucked. i always watched Erik Bill edits and videos before i went out for a session, shit got me juiced! long story short, i love it here and couldn't imagine living anywhere else!

2. What does The NDN mean to you?

The NDN to me is a group of really close homies who all have the same passion and love for skating, it's a lifestyle i guess you could say like a code of honor haha. it also means really fucking sweet content lol

3. Any hopes/plans for 2011?

i just plan to blade my ass off and hopefully come through with a section. I also plan to build my record collection up immensely

4. What spot do you consider your stompin' grounds? Why?

this is a pretty hard question, hmm probably microsoft just because i find myself skating there alot and dont really have any other spot that i go to on a regular basis

5. Who are a few of your favorite bladers to watch right now and why?

definitely john bolino, dude is sick and has the coolest style and a huge trick vocabulary but i prefer to watch everyone i skate with, my friends are the ones that influence me and push me to try new harder tricks, that kind of goes for question one too because the scene here is small but great we're all good friends


The ol' NDN guitar.

6. What are 3 of your favorite tricks at the time being?

1. Dead Makio
2. 270 inspin back unity
3. toe rolls are sick too.

7. What are 3 things that you've learned through blading?

1. how to fall for sure!
2. to have confidence in myself whether im trying a new trick or playing music for people, rollerblading pretty much shapes me into who i am today.
3. that real friends are hard to come by!

8. What are 5 things you couldn't live without?

1.blading
2.music
3.my friends
4.my family
5.a job obviously otherwise i would be one of those stinky crazy bums were always dodgin at rhodes

9. I know you just won a lil' bit of cash with your guitar/harmonica/singing talent. Who influences you most? bob dylan of course, i grew up listening to him with my pops! i've looked up to him since diapers

10. Top-played artist on your Zune HD?


Mr. Lif



Keep an eye out for Corey's online edit. It'll be up any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment