Views

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday. That means it's time for a new NDN INSIGHT.

This time around I hit up Mikey Petrack.

He pulled through with some hilarious shit, good read.



1. How do you pronounce your last name?

Haha, you say it like P-Track. I guess I should change it to that to make life easier for everyone, til’ then I’ll just go by Mikey P.

2. Are you drunk right now?

I hate to start off the next answer with another haha, but I totally knew this would be a question. And no unfortunately I quit drinking and smoking about a year ago due to a heavy influence of love and support from both my family and friends, as well as our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Just kidding, I’m kicking back a pitcher of Highland Scottish Ale with Stump right now as we speak, at the Gargling Gypsy watching Return of the Dragon. I’ll be there soon enough.

3. What do you do for a living out in NC?

I slang pizzas at Slice of Life late night. The only place where you can grab an amazing slice of pizza at 3 am, while at the same time getting the chance to watch a bum throw a hooker through a plate glass window. Shit gets rowdy. I got into an altercation the other night when some jackass with crossed lazy eyes came in the kitchen and told me to “quit eye balling him”. I couldn’t stop laughing.

4. What are some similarities and differences between the scene there and the scene here in Boise?

Well for starters you guys have a scene. The scene here in Wilmington is me, Stump aka Danny Coggers, and ChrisZachary.com . It’s kind of weird really, people look at us at the skatepark like we invented the sport or something. Everyone has no clue about what dudes are doing nowadays. I’m definitely jealous of you guys out there, I remember someone actually recognized me downtown from one of your videos. Here….. Not so much.

5. Who are a few of your favorite bladers to watch right now and why?

Let’s see, I’d say for NC itself Jon Cooley is the most underrated kid ever, Nike should be signing at 3.2 million dollar deal with a 1.5 signing bonus with him and his sweat pantz as we speak. Gumby is fucking insane and is one of the most entertaining dudes to watch today. You <3. And Stump because he skates like a last season line backer. I really don’t watch other people skate really; I’m usually stuck up my own ass. CJ Wellsmore is really sick too, same with Joey Chase.

6. What are 3 of your favorite grinds at the time being?

I don’t know really, maybe X-grinds and just awkward ass switch ups. I kind of just try to skate something that’s different. I’ve been pretty bored with doing numerous tricks on standard obstacles for awhile now. Bruce Lee.

7. What are 3 things that you've learned through blading?

Everything that life itself has to offer. The place I live, the friends I Have, how much drugs I can do, the stories I tell, are all in relation to skating. It’s taken me on quite a journey these past 10+ years. That and I can endure a lot of fucking pain.

8. What are 5 things you couldn't live without?

Skates, Music, Love, Art, and Cocaine. Just kidding about the blow, probably my dog Jackson Daniel and my kittens Sushi and Saki. Wait that’s 7, so I guess screw the cats (my girlfriend is going to punch me if she reads that). And I’d gladly trade in the Love for a motorcycle.

9. If someone offered to buy you 3 tattoo's right now, what would you get?

I was actually just telling my girl about how I’d get a sleeve of all the reasons why I hate stump with animations of him dying and getting fucked by a horse. So I guess that, and probably something gnar. Skulls and evil shit always seem to make me happy. I don’t want to say anything else and give people ideas. How about that mouse guy? I still need you to draw that out for my arm.

10. Mikey in a nutshell:

I shred on skates and I got hair on my nuts. That’s it. ( o Y o )

The NDN - NC Section from erik bill on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment