Views

Sunday, September 19, 2010

AN NDN INSIGHT with Eli Dorsey.



1.) You've been involved in the Boise scene for almost 15 years now, are you happy with the way it has developed?
Yeah, our scene is pretty small so it's like a tight knit family we have here. We often organize BBQ's or a day at the lake where everyone shows up.

2.) You've been skating Razors since I first met you almost 10 years ago, I know that Erik Bailey hooked you up with some Valo's. How has the transition been?
It's been good. Skates are skates. I've skated all the brands growing up. I stuck with Razors because when I rode flow for them the company really took care of me and i love the look!

3.) Who are a few of your favorite bladers to watch right now and why?
1. My boy Erik "bootstrap" Bill. Everytime I skate with the kid his trick vocabulary blows my mind. I can honestly say he has more tricks than anyone else I've ever skated with.
2. Murda. I love his story and have watched his skating for years. He chooses similar tricks to me and I love his style.
3. The Kelso brothers. Their creativity and individuality is one of a kind.

4.) I know you just celebrated your 1 year anniversary with your wife, Allison. (congratulations) How does she feel about your skating?
Thanks, it's been a great year. Haha. She thinks I'm crazy, but supports whatever makes me happy.

5.) What are 3 pieces of advice you can offer to younger bladers on the come-up?
1. Skate as often as you can. When I was growing up, I skated 8 hours in the summer every single day.
2. Don't worry about the fall. Falls are going to happen. Concentrate on the trick at hand. If you concentrate on the trick, you're more likely to land it. You can deal with the falls as they happen.
3. Tuck-n-roll. Duh.

6.) What are 3 of your favorite grinds at the time being?
Kind grind, of course. Any true-spin trick and 270 back unity.

7.) Has your style of skating changed over the years? If so, how?
I wouldn't say it's changed, it's just evolved.

8.) You've got sicker style than ever. Are there any outside influences that effect the way you skate?
I just do whatever feels fluid and most natural at the time.

9.) What are 3 things that you've learned through blading?
1. pain is only is bad as you make it
2. that there is some really genuine people out there
3. to always follow your gut, if it doesn't feel right, its not

10.) What are 5 things you couldn't live without?
1. My beautiful wife.
2. Music.
3. Skating.
4. Taco night at the Bill residence.
5. My close friends.
6. A scientist told me H20.

No comments:

Post a Comment